Americans for Democratic Action Organizers Needed in Southeastern Pennsylvania!
ADA is looking for energetic self-starters to run local legislative, political, and community-based campaigns. Candidates should have previous organizing experience in issue or candidate campaigns and a desire to help promote a progressive agenda. Local ties a plus. This is a unique opportunity to play an integral role in a dynamic project at a unique time in American history. The position reports directly to the ADA National Field Director.
Americans for Democratic Action (ADA) is the nation’s most experienced liberal, independent advocacy organization whose lobbying philosophy is based on democratic action. ADA motivates grassroots activists to lobby their elected representatives as constituent-advocates. Our activists across the country are fighting for issues including good jobs and wages, affordable healthcare and education, fair tax and trade policies, social justice and political change.
- Implement ADA field and outreach strategies in target communities, including grassroots lobbying actions, voter education campaigns, candidate “bird-dogging,” voter ID, and GOTV.
- Build coalitions among local allies to grow a broad community support for the progressive agenda.
- Build, engage, and mobilize a network of current and new activists to advance ADA’s advocacy campaigns through local organizing efforts.
- Generate local media coverage on behalf of ADA.
- Coordinate local and regional activist skills trainings.
- Help develop and execute direct actions in target areas.
- Track and report campaign deliverables.
- 1-2 years organizing experience in electoral, issue, and/or legislative campaigns.
- Experience engaging and motivating large numbers of volunteers.
- Experience working collaboratively with other organizations.
- Enjoy working under pressure and can think quickly on your feet.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the assigned project region.
Salary and Benefits: This is a part-time, temporary position with opportunity for long-term work. Position available immediately. ADA is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Rebecca Gomer firstname.lastname@example.org